Confessions of a FlyBaby

My adventures in organizing my life with the FlyLady (www.flylady.net).

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

FlyLady is Kicking my Behind

I'm pooped, but boy does my house look good!

This morning after finishing my morning routine I started the vacuuming. I spent two hours doing the middle and lower level floors and couches. Kelly's mission today was to find the trash in the living room, so I concentrated on the couches, really giving them some extra attention. The first hour was spent just on the couches in the living and family room on the middle level. Then I vacuumed the carpets and mopped the floors. All done by noon.

Then after lunch I dashed to the grocery store and picked up everything we needed for the next week's menu. I'm getting the Body Clutter menu mailers and I'm loving them! Tonight's dinner was a marinated chicken (substituted for turkey cutlets) stir fry with peppers and onions, rice and steamed broccoli. Yummy!

I didn't get any decluttering done today, but that's okay. Baby steps.

So far some of the changes we've seen in our house:

1. No one asks, "Are the dishes in the dishwasher clean or dirty?" I run it at night and empty it first thing in the morning so we can load dirties in it throughout the day.

2. Mom and Dad don't stare at each other and say, "What should we have for dinner?" We just look at the menu. Love it!

3. There is NO clutter on my kitchen counters! That's a first in our house. Anything made of paper has always found its way to our counter and nested there. No more!

4. There is NO clutter on the dining room table. I'm thinking about buying fresh flowers each week and putting them in the middle of the table. Since there's no junk sitting on the table, we'd be able to enjoy them!

5. There is NO clutter on the stairs or in the foyer. Every now and then I have to remind the boys to put their shoes away, but they're not leaving things lying around anymore.

The guys are really pitching in. The boys are "swishing and swiping" in the mornings, and the hubby is pitching in as well. He even commented the other day that he likes the new routine I have us doing.

Oh, the younger son has declared that he doesn't care for FlyLady much. I think he misses his procrastinating mom, but she doesn't live here anymore! :) He's coming around, and he'll get better with practice.

The older son carried out a huge garbage bag of things he cleared out from under his bed the other day. He was looking for a place to store his guitar case and couldn't fit it under the bed because of all the junk. So he spent a few minutes decluttering. Makes a mama proud!

Okay, I'm heading upstairs to take a nice cool bath and then I'm spending some "me-time" with my knitting looms. I can do it without guilt because I have several shiny sinks in my house now! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home