Confessions of a FlyBaby

My adventures in organizing my life with the FlyLady (www.flylady.net).

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Tackle the Pantry - CHECK CHECK!

Aaaaaaahhhhhh . . . . . . the dreaded pantry is DONE!

I didn't bother to use the timer for this one. I cleaned out five drawers in the kitchen that didn't take much time as a warm up. Then I just dove in.

I should have taken before and after pictures, but I was too ashamed of the way it looked before! I gutted that bad boy -- took everything out, one shelf at a time, vacuumed each shelf and wiped it down. Did a major fling boogie (probably more than 27 things).

Now the bottom shelf has nothing but canned foods, all grouped by "category" - fruits on the right, then veggies, etc. The next shelf is jars and bottles on lazy Susans. The third shelf is boxed stuff - cereals, pasta, crackers, etc. The very top shelf, which isn't as deep as the others, has three plastic containers with "duplicates." I found three boxes of "Nilla wafers (for banana pudding) - one went on the box shelf, two are in a container on the top shelf. Extra boxes of pasta, confectioners sugar, corn muffin mix, etc. are all up on the top shelf.

OH MY GOODNESS, how GOOD it feels to have that job done! And guess what -- it didn't take as long as I thought it would. I can't wait until the hubster gets home and sees the new and improved pantry. I've been harping about that one hole in our house forEVER.

This flybaby LOVES Flylady! No more procrastinating!!

Now go shine that sink! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home