Confessions of a FlyBaby

My adventures in organizing my life with the FlyLady (www.flylady.net).

Friday, September 22, 2006

Still flying . . .

It's been a while since my last post, but as I explained on my other blog, my best friend's mom passed away at the end of August and I started a new job, so I'm running a bit behind on posting (and other things).

We're still flying, though at times it feels like the wings have been clipped.

It's a bit harder now that I'm working. It's supposed to be part time, but it's quickly turning into every day. That's okay though, because I enjoy it, and I adore my boss. He's so good looking, he's sweet and thoughtful, and we have lunch together just about every day. Oh, by the way, my great boss is my HUBBY! Weird, huh? But it's working out great.

Gerard (hubby) is the general manager of a hotel in town, and he hired me to be his bookkeeper and help with anything that needs to be done on the computer as well as helping with some sales things. He keeps me busy for sure! But he says the things I'm doing for him are freeing him up to do other things that need his attention more, and it seems to be helping him keep reasonable hours.

I've fallen behind on some of Kelly's missions. This week I didn't have time to do them daily as she posted them, so I printed them all out today and did them in one afternoon. It really didn't take long. The longest task was sorting through all the socks and pant hose. My blankets are in the dryer, fresh sheets are on the bed, the bedroom has been dusted and swept.

I'm still using the menu mailers from Saving Dinner. Last night I made a meatloaf; Gerard loved it, but the kids weren't crazy about it. Oh well; most of them are wonderful.

I have discovered that my younger son really benefits from a list. We printed out Flylady's control journal for kids, and he went through it and made out his list of routines and zone tasks. As long as he has that list to go by, he does a great job of getting everything done. Left to his own devices, he has no clue where to begin. I can relate! The older son and hubby have no use whatsoever for a list. While it would do them a lot of good to use one, they just don't want to use one. They would rather be reminded of what to do.

I've also printed out Flylady's super fling boogie tasks and hubby and I are going to start working on it shortly.

I know. . . snore. . . sorry I don't have anything more exciting to post for now. I'll work on finding more exciting things to talk about. Meanwhile, here's to shiny sinks and no more hot spots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home